Friday, June 6, 2014

Priorities



In one of my classes this week we talked about priorities. My professor asked us to write down the things in our lives that compete for our attention, devotion, time, thoughts, and hearts. He then had us rate each one numerically as to the importance to us.  Each of us has things in our lives that are important to us, or that we know we should do. The way we spend our time shows how we value each of these things, and which our priorities are. Writing down everything in my life that is important to me made me think about what my priorities really are. I found it difficult to rate which one came first; I was stuck because some things I knew were my priority, but I wasn’t spending as much time as I should or would like to on them. It brought to my attention the areas in my life that I want to strengthen and spend more time on. I want to focus on the priorities in my life by spending time on the things that are most important.

3 comments:

  1. This is really good to think about because I feel the same way; some things that I consider to be my priority aren't necessarily something that I spend the most time doing. This is a good reminder to make your top priorities what you spend the most time doing. Thanks Cami!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, I've realized there is one thing I should always keep at the top of my priority list: my relationships with family and God. Other things on the list seem to change all the time. Priorities change as our circumstances do. Thank you for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those self-reflection moments are great! Hard sometimes, especially when we realize we have so much room to improve. I like that idea of writing down what is the most important to us and rating it. We learn more the more we notice about ourselves. Or maybe its the more we pay attention to what we do, the more we learn.

    ReplyDelete